Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh, I loved this website !!

Religiously heeding the advise that each job requires it's own customized resume I was working on tweaking mine to suit an opening for a highly regarded communication infrastructure vendor. Wanting to give it a personalized touch I decided to include some high profile customers of the particular vendor.

Obviously I turned to google and tried the search string " ?vendor name? GSM customers". After wading through some initial results I saw this obvious title "Wireless infrastructure customers of ?vendor name?" on page 2. Any self respecting google-ist knows that such pretty looking results are usually grossly low yield! Well, I was on a search mission and one of course cannot presume in such situations. So I clicked...

http://www.mobileisgood.com/


...and hit a veritable treasure trove of everything mobile!

The wise say a picture is worth a thousand words, and who was I to disprove it? The home page had a picture, no less a pie chart showing the Handset market share for 3rd quarter, 2008! A stickler for statistics and data I could hardly believe my eyes at stumbling upon this information available for free!

The left side provided links to "Infrastructure Vendors", "Service Providers", "Phones" and much more. 11 vendors, 1149 service providers and 104 phone manufacturers; they are all there from over the world.

Each vendor has a list of service providers using it's equipment. Each phone manufacturer has an alphabetic listing of all it's phones. The phones are also differentiated based on access technologies like GSM or CDMA or VoIP. Motorola and Nokia of course have the longest pull-down menus :) However one bit that I missed was the information to relate a service provider back to it's vendors.

I am always a fan of the mobile telephony industry. With mobileisgood.com mobile does indeed feel good :-)

Happy surfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment