Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Dark Knight

What do I say; I'm not a Batman fan, not in the least bit. So this movie was never on my cine-dar. I skipped it for two weeks and then gave in to a close friend's enthusiastic suggestion of a "Must watch". In retrospect I conveniently forgot that "close friend" is a most avid Batman fan!! Moronic of me!

Joker! Joker! Joker! That's all that matters. Christian Bale makes me go "Mmmmm" (remember 3:10 to Yuma?). but not even his ultra husky voice made me long for Batman to reappear on the screen. To be fair the action is good, the underlying psychology is powerfully potent and that's where the goodness stops.
I just can't imagine the superhero getting into a sentimental scene with his EX-girlfriend, who is incidentally dating the Greek-God-Good-Boy-Harvey-Dent, when the city is on the brink of anarchy. That's a Joke!

An obvious must-watch for Batman fans; more so for Heath Ledger fans and non-fans... but otherwise ... wait for Mandrake in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment